Sunday, August 24, 2008

Guitar Lesson - Week 6

...goooooaaaaaaalllllllllll....

That works so much better with soccer games. Ok, my first guitar goal has been met. Lesson 1 I told Jeff I wanted to learn to play "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star".....and now I can. Granted it has a couple of tinsy pauses as I try to find "D" but I can play it. My life is complete. Not....

So Jeff has not given me anything new to work on, other than a couple of practice studies I've had for a couple of weeks. Finger are still fumbling, so it's practice, practice, practice.

I'm really more excited that I can say. I told Mike I could play "Twinkle" and now I could quit lessons. Being the guy he is, I get "So, do you think you'll be satisfied with that?" Well no. Mike envisions me jamming Christian doom metal. Uhh...Mike...I'm light and poppy....99% of the time. However, by virtue of knowing each other for 10-11 years, he gently reminded me of a very early conversation centered on the impact of "My Own Prison" by Creed had on us. It tapped both of us emotionally, musically and spritually. Ummm, isn't there something in the guy book that says guys aren't supposed to remember things like that?

Anyway...I'm kinda playing guitar now!!

You go girl!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good post regarding Guitar Lessons.If we want to learn how to play the guitar,we may already know and understand that we will have to practice to learn to play the guitar well. What we may not know is that guitar practice should be tempered with learning, playing and getting in guitar shape to play.

Anonymous said...

I like the guy who is teaching you. He seems very hardcore...I like that.

Anonymous said...

That last comment was Trevor by the way.