Saturday, February 20, 2010


...Mary Carillo is a GENIUS....

Get out of town, a brilliant journalist. Often times "brilliant journalist" falls under the term "oxymoron". This is one such time.

During a recent prime time broadcast of the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics, Mary was in conversation with either Al Michaels or Bob Costas. According to Mary, "90% of Canadians live between our border and theirs." REALLY??? And the other 10% are what? Ex-pats living in a remote mountain village in Nepal?

I realize she meant to say that 90% of Canadians live within close proximity to the US Border. However, I had this mental map image of the borders with dots for all the Canadians living in Canada and10% hovering over Iceland.

I'm certain she didn't mean to sound like an idiot. It's ok Mary, I have learned to speak "stupid" and was able to translate.