Saturday, November 01, 2008

Tijuana Sunburn

..it's like a tequila sunrise, but not...

Got to hang out with my pal from high school. She moved back to Texas after a 15 year absence. Two kids and one ex-husband later, she's home. We decided to try out a new little hole in the wall based on the recommendation of her neighbor.

Oh my. I had Ragin' Cajun Shrimp Tacos. Da bomb...but even better, the grande Tijuana Sunburn. It was listed under the heading: "Margarita Therapy". Needless to say I've been in need of therapy for the last couple of months. All I know is this 'rita had tequila and cranberry juice...and it sure was purty.

Three sips and my head was spinning. I nursed it for an hour while eating queso (also da bomb) and dinner. I'm not one for going out and getting ripped anymore, but I will say this was a nice pre-vacation buzz.

And you know what happens when three single women get together over tequila...well I can't tell you. Revealing the mystery of women is against the rules.

I will say that my tolerance for alcohol is greatly diminished and I'm certainly not as young as I used to be. I had to call it a night as I have responsibilities early in the morning...ugh....thank goodness we fall back an hour.

Anyway...if anyone goes to Baja in Grapevine...get a Tijuana Sunburn...it rocks!!

And now the joy of buzzing is gone...tequila does not hamper the capacity for smelling.

One of the dogs just farted. Ewwww!

2 comments:

hugbandit7 said...

so it sounds like you need to take us there so we can enjoy the Tequila Sunburn!

In Russet Shadows said...

Why animals must pass gas is something I will ask God when I stroll through those gemmed gates.