Sunday, March 16, 2008

Jesus Wept

What seems like several posts ago, I gave testimony to the miracle of prayers answered. My Aunt Monica's lung cancer was gone. It was truly an answer to everyone's prayers. Therefore, it hurts my heart in so many way to have found out today that the cancer has reappeared in her liver.

I am not going to question why the cancer came back, even though that is human nature. I will not let it shake my faith in God, nor will I raise a fist in anger at Him. Though that is also a human response. I know that our prayers were answered, if only for a short time.

And it was no coincidence that our sermon today, in the "God Did What?" series was "God Cried." John 11:35; the shortest verse in the bible. It simply says, "Jesus wept." Jesus wept compassionately for his friend Lazarus who had died. In Luke 19:41-44, Jesus wept upon his entry into Jerusalem on Palm Sunday for He knew what would happen.

Two words, yet they convey a wealth of meaning.

Today we learned that our God is emotional and empathetic. With this knowledge, I take comfort; not for the news delivered today, but in knowing that God cries when we cry.

Because I weep for my aunt as she possibly draws closer to the end of her life; He also weeps with me

P.S. For anyone who reads this blog, please keep Monica in prayer. I pray for her body to be healed. If that is not God's plan, I pray that He takes her peacefully and painlessly home and her immediately family is given His comfort.

2 comments:

Remedy For This Heart said...

You and your Aunt are very much in my prayers today. God's timing is incredible don't you think. I had the opportunity to preach that message in Frisco yesterday and I can tell you that it was impacting all across the board yesterday. Thanks for your heart.

Remedy For This Heart said...

Praying for you. Have not talked to you in awhile. Hope you are doing well. Drop me a line and let me know how you are doing.