Monday, May 04, 2009

As My Guitar Vigorously Sobs...

Ok, bad take on The Beatles "As My Guitar Gently Weeps". Everyone heave the collective groan. Sorry. But my guitar is crying. Probably because I'm playing. Nearly a year and I'm still a sorry guitar player. Is it me or is it the music...maybe I'm not cut out to be a classical guitarist. I really am a rock and roll girl. And while I love classical guitar and would love to master it...I'm not so sure I'll get there.

This guitar experience is humbling. I want so badly to be good, but it feels as though it's taking forever to get there.

Maybe one day I can give my friends a mini concert but not any time soon.

3 comments:

In Russet Shadows said...

You're too hard on yourself. It took me years of decidedly unserious self-teaching to get me to the uhm, level, that I am now. :)

Indie67 said...

But you can play :) I still look at my guitar and wonder if the kazoo is a better option for me.

hugbandit7 said...

I read somewhere that you should learn at least 1 thing every year. You may not ever perfect it, but at least you have the basic skills.

and I'm ready for that concert!