Thursday, January 14, 2010

Welcome to 2010

Ahhh my first post of the new year. Whoohoo! Somewhere in the morass of 2009, I lost my creative juices. Perhaps it was drained around the same time I began losing my mind. Seriously though, this year has to be better than the last.

I'm scaling back and exercising self-discipline. What a challenge. First, I'm back in church. REGULARLY. I took almost six months off and came back to a sermon entitled "Every Day With Jesus"...can you say "ouch" for the slap upside the head I received. I haven't quite figured out how the ministers know exactly what to say (translation...what I need to hear).

I am reading the daily devotionals, I'm reading my chronological bible. I am thinking about getting plugged in, but have reservations. Again with the "single" dilemma. Don't have kids, don't have a spouse....blech. But I'm sure I'll find something.

I'm making some serious changes to eating and exercise habits. I'm taking control of my health, something I should have done years ago, but it's better late than never. Besides, I don't want to have to deal with the pending doom of government health care. It costs more and covers less.

I've halved my guitar lessons. Tragic. But it's too difficult when working full time, having a life and other interests, to make a weekly session. However, since I adore my instructor, I couldn't bear to leave him, so I am taking lessons every other week. He made me a very happy girl by tabbing out some small portions to "Die Hard The Hunter" and "Fade to Black" so I can dabble with it. I see an electric guitar in my near future. Trust me when I say these don't have the same impact on a classical guitar.

I am "Dave Ramsey"ing myself. There will be a huge garage sale this spring at Casa de Indie. A chore I do not relish; however, it must be done. I am currently spring cleaning and decluttering. I still haven't figured out how one person can gather so much STUFF.

I am also contemplating a career change. Still don't know what it is I want to be when I grow up, but it's not this.

So, there are my first 14 days of 2010 in a nutshell.

1 comment:

In Russet Shadows said...

Whoo-hoo! I knew you would blog again!