Monday, January 14, 2008

A Day at Blarney Castle


I did not kiss the Blarney Stone. It is said that the stone was part of the latrine system and raw sewage was poured over the stone down to the moat. I join with the Irish in laughing at all us tourists who spend money to kiss the stone; obtaining the gift of gab. Hmmm, diarrhea of the mouth. Fitting, indeed.

Blarney Castle itself is tall; more so than the other gazillion castles I saw in Ireland. The grounds are beautiful. I would have loved to picnic there, but alas, I decided to spend money at Blarney Woollen Mills. Belleek China, Waterford, and Galway Crystal made the journey back home. I can't tell you how nice it was to purchase items that did not say "Made in China".

1 comment:

In Russet Shadows said...

Maybe the Irish are being racist by refusing to import Chinese goods? Ha, ha, ha!